Monday, January 18, 2010

Just thinking....again.


So many thoughts swirling around in my head....must write some of them down to decrease the mental clutter. I've been thinking about the faithfulness and provision of God. No matter my situation, He has always provided for my daily needs. There have been times when we had more resources and I used some of those resources to stock pile. You know, you see a screaming deal on canned peaches so you buy as many as you can afford and store. Then the times come that are a bit leaner and you remember - ah! I have peaches! - and it just makes your day. You can't convince me that that is a coincidence. If I remain open and yielded to God, He uses it all: all of my efforts and desires and longings and whatever. It is truly a confort to me to know that He is always watching out for me and always creating a way for me to not only survive, but thrive. It is truly humbling!
I have another example....there are several women at church who are expecting a baby. I love to give gifts to new moms and love to participate in the fellowship at baby showers. But, in hard times, it can be difficult to know what to do about the gift. Again, like the canned peaches example, many years ago someone taught me how to make a very simple denim strip quilt. I've stockpiled enough old Levis to make 100's of quilts! So, now I am known at my church as the lady who makes denim strip quilts for new moms. And, years ago, when I was learning this particular skill, I wasn't thinking about how useful it will be in the future. I was just happy to learn. Now I can look back and see how it all fits together in my life now.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that nothing is wasted in God's economy. What I'm living through right now is going to help me or someone else in the future. God has it all in His very capable hands and all I have to do is be obedient and yielded to Him. It gives me great peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment